Wednesday, June 6, 2007

arboretum






This morning James and I went and visited with Irene and Amit. It had been too long since I had seen them, I cannot believe Amit
is nearly 2 (and Lexie IS 2 for crying out loud). We lamented a bit
about internship, and how quickly it is approaching. After James woke
from a nap this afternoon we went over to the arboretum to hike (it is
a HUGE green space for being in the city--300 acres!). It was so much
fun! I am really enjoying our new neighborhood! The one picture is of the bonsai hutch, which I thought was gorgeous. And check out my little tree hugger in the last picture! He'll be climbing them in no time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you two had a lot of fun... wish I could have been there with you.

Anonymous said...

he he, he needs a shirt that says "im a tree hugger"
well gotta prepare for the in laws... looks like its beautiful up there.

anne said...

well for goodness sakes joe you should come home once in a while! I think we should go for a hike on father's day.

and becs, the weather is gorgeous. none of that hot stuff, a perfect 70ish degrees. And honestly, I wonder if he does have a tree hugger shirt in his clothes to grow into, it seems like something I would get for him lol! have fun with the in-laws, ha ha.

Lexie said...

so far so good... although read my blog when you get a chance because i get a kick out of what she calls htem... schedule packed full this weekend, will call early next week. i have not mailed the check yet, fyi. will get it out tehre ASAP, though. sorry. had it already to go and then sort of forgot.

Anonymous said...

Father's Day at the park sounds like a wonderful family day; we'll look forward to hearing about it. We loved our family time at Jill and Scott's. Thank you for taking the time to visit despite the turmoil that you are both in with this move. It was great to see you all again. Justin's wedding will be another fun family time. Hopefully, James will not take after Grandpa Boock with the tree climbing; the outcome was not favorable. Enjoy your weekend. Love, Mom and Dad