Sunday, January 17, 2010

well, he's not a southern boy...

overheard at brunch today following an attempt by the waiter to talk to the kids (who stared at him deadpan):

James: (slightly annoyed)was that guy trying to talk to us?
Joe: yes, he was
James: (sounding astonished) why?
Joe: to be friendly, I guess


Joe surprised us by coming down yesterday, so the kids are over the moon. We also went and got a bike (for me) and a trailer to haul the kids in. Joe has wanted to go on family rides for a while now.....so I guess we will be starting!

5 comments:

Grandmere said...

Except that now he is a southern boy.

Anne, I used to get very frustrated when my Louisville friends would ask me when he was a toddler where Joseph got his hillbilly twang. (I never agreed that he had one.)"Well, most likely from back in them thar hills."

Grandmere said...

Oh, won't those family rides be fun!

Anonymous said...

Your trailer sounds like a lot of fun and it won't be too very much longer until James will be on his own bike, especially on paths far removed from traffic.

I wish you an early spring in Louisville.

Love,
Aunt Betsy

Anonymous said...

Only 3 days left before the bar is taken. You are all in our prayers.

Grandmere said...

The only reason Joseph would have a problem with the bar is exhaustion. His mind is a razor.
If that wasn't enough, then there is his looks...!

He & Anne truly belong together.