Thursday, April 26, 2007

on the wagon



James got a wooden wagon walking toy in the mail last night (which I put together! and yes, Joe will check it, I am still getting slack about the crib fiasco, even though I was NOT the only PhD cantidate working on it--AMY A!!!). It moves a bit when he stands/leans on it, so I don't think he is quite ready for it yet, but he sure loved getting wagon rides around our apartment today!

In other news, James had his first frontal contusion today. Poor kid might have some right dorsolateral prefrontal damage due to a bump on the head. He even has a little (barely visible) bruise. His first head 'injury'. Now that is one for the baby book (were I keeping one).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

. Awesome Tie-Dyed Shirt. Am totally LOVING today's look!

2. You have way too much brain knowledge for your own good. Poor kid will be telling his school nurse "No it is not a bump on my head. It is a frontal contusion that may possibly cause some right dorsolateral prefrontal damage."

3. Wagon rides are the best!

4. I am glad our parenting philosophies are pretty similar, though not surprised. It is always refreshing. And I am already smiling in anticipation of your PL blog postings that are quite some time away :) And that are sure to be even more entertaining and eventful given the "equipment."

joe said...

dorsolateral prefrontal damage

This sounds really bad.

Grandmere said...

Were there any witnesses as to what happened?

Joseph's first dive set a record - Faster than the speed of light. He was up, then he was face down.

Joseph recovered nicely.
I still suffer PTSD.