Monday, April 12, 2010

farmer McGregor

I have declared war on the cotton tailed set. there are a number of rabbits that live in and around our yard. extremely tame rabbits, that come out during the day, and let gabe and maddie get shockingly close before moseying away. I made eye contact with one of the little blighters this weekend, and told them to stay away from my lettuce. then spent the entire afternoon building a rabbit cover for my garden. in the large garden we have 4 types of lettuce, broccoli, onions, garlic, cauliflower, kale and carrots planted. More will go in Derby weekend.

I tried to convince Joe that he needed to urinate around the outside of the garden, you know, predator theory. He thought I was kidding. I impressed my seriousness upon him. Lets say, I think his eyes rolled far enough back in his head that he stared at those large frontal lobes that we need for phase 3 of the great garden pest war (if I applied similar tactical strategy effort to chess, I might finally beat joe). So, I am taking applications for large predators to pee in my yard.

Anyway, here is the spring part of the garden, and the cover. and one of me building stuff.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your backyard and garden area look like an excellent yard for your family.

Got to say that I'm betting on the rabbits, but I hope they leave you a lot for your own salads.

For humor's sake, you might hang some of those little Peter Rabbit jackets you get with toys on the chicken wire.

Love,
Aunt Betsy and Uncle Mark

Anonymous said...

We got quite a laugh at your rabbit tale. Reaping a harvest is easier at the grocery store! At least you will have a feeling that you tried.

Everything looks great!

Grandma and Grandpa headed to NC to visit Aunt Debbie. They arrived, but not at Debbie's house; she is out looking for them because they put in the wrong address into the Garmin we suspect.

Enjoy the photosynthesis!

Love, Mom and Dad

Grandmere said...

What a hilarious sidecomment on the scenic NC trip! I've taken a few of those myself.
Would leaving the top from only one of your bins work? Don't they get hungry, too?