Saturday, January 24, 2009

first food

james has a new sweater! this was knit by my friend suzanne, who is much faster. my yarn though. gorgeous colorway (goblin by mosaic moon). Eliot has been begging for big people food for a month now. We were waiting for him to show all the readiness signs (older than 6 mos, independent sitting, ability to bring food to his mouth independently, watching people eat with interest, etc). We also talked to
James' allergist yesterday to see if he thought it was an ok thing given that Eliot obviously will have allergies given his eczema. He agreed with me that its better to encourage communication and respect developmental readiness, rather than clear up the eczema entirely first. So anyway, he was thrilled we were finally going to feed him. Then he was horrified that big people actually ate such disgusting things lol.



3 comments:

Lexie said...

That first picture is priceless! I laughed out loud. I could look at it over and over...

That new sweater is sooooo cool! James is such an attractive model though that the sweater pales in comparison :) But then again, I'm not a yarn...

Anonymous said...

We stood together and laughed and laughed while reading this posting.

Guess you can scratch avocados right off Eliot's first favorite foods list.

The colors, sweater, and James are beautiful.

This was an especially good one; thanks for sharing@

Aunt Betsy and Uncle Mark

Anonymous said...

What a look! Eliot needs to hang around his Grammy and I believe I could give him a sweeter face with some applesauce that I make. MMM! I guess he's learned one of his first lessons about food; things aren't what they appear.

The sweater is lovely. James will be warm in that one in this frigid winter that the northeast is experiencing.

Enjoy a week of hugs and happiness.

Love, Mom