Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Two Years Old!

It's hard to believe James turned two years old yesterday!

Unfortunately Anne, James and Eliot are all sick with a nasty cold, and everyone here is very tired, so the birthday festivities were a little subdued. But we still had plenty of fun, and James was very excited about his chocolate cake. (Early in the morning, when Anne first told him it was his birthday, he immediately responded "I-I-I want cake!" He then diligently renewed this request every fifteen minutes or so until just after lunch when we finally broke out the cake.)

Here are some pictures.


"I thought we were going to eat it."


"You want me to do what?"


"Okay, I'll try."


"Finally... let's get down to business."








"Yummy!"





"You want some, too?"


"Mmmm...."


All the birthday presents and new toys seem to be hits, as well, which is good.

Meanwhile, Eliot slept through all the festivities.




4 comments:

Emily Ho said...

Hope the 3 get well soon. Looks like James enjoyed his cake, very much (who can blame the kid?!) Eliot is just precious!

Lexie said...

Lexie loves the pictures, but wants to know why she didnt get any chocolate cake. (ha ha)
Hope the 3 of you are on the mend.
Love ya

Grandmere said...

I like the interpretive comments, but 3 of mine went silent.

It sounded like James gets cake once a year and he sure knows when!

Amy said...

WOW, James is 2 already!!! Looks like a fun time was had by the birthday boy. I was wondering if he was going to get messy. The first few pictures had me concerned that 2 is much too grown up using the fork and staying clean. Eliot is adorable. Hope the 3 of you feel much better very soon! Stay healthy Joe. Someone needs to be.