Saturday, September 29, 2007

14 months

today! I'll add some pictures in later. He is beginning to speak a bit more, though mostly babbles in a conversational tone. He is also becoming a bit of a daredevil. 14 months old and he busted his lip for the first time this morning while trying to give himself a ride in his wagon. It bled a bit, and Joe and I debated over bringing him to the ER, but his teeth all looked intact, he didn't slice the upper frenulum, and he calmed down pretty quickly. He'll live, poor guy! We did go to the mall today to find a few things, which was fun. James loves the playspace they have there, so he had a great time until it was taken hostage by rambunctious 10 year olds whipping around marti gras beads. Then it got scary. For the life of me I couldn't understand how the parents of those kids remained so calm as they leapt in the air from one play structure to another, whipping each other with the beads. I guess I'll learn. I cannot believe how big James looked compared to the newborn babies at the mall today. It's funny, because he still seems so babyish to me, especially since he isn't walking yet. But he really isn't so small anymore! He is still not a sleeper, he wakes somewhere between 4 and 10 times a night. Good thing I've gotten used to it! He's bound to sleep eventually. He has been working on a few new teeth, he's well on his way to a mouthful at this point. He is enjoying many solids at this point too. There are still a bunch of foods he hasn't been exposed to, and we continue to be careful after he had an allergic reaction to strawberries. I'm sure there is a ton I'm leaving out, let me know wha else I haven't mentioned.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Hooray for 14 months! It sounds like he is becoming a real toddler now. I think the first bump resulting in blood makes him an official tough guy.

Glad to hear you guys got out and had some fun at the mall. Those playground things they have make me a nervous wreck. I took my nephew once and only once. I thought I was going to have a stroke.

Lexie said...

He is so old! OMG! 14 months- I feel like he is 6 months in my mind... aging him more slowly because I still have never seen him in person :(

I still freak in the mall playgrounds. I used to know when it was less crowded and that was our time to go. The slightest sign of too-old or too-crazy kids and I hightail it out of there. Thankfully, Lexie never wants to be in there once thats going on now too.

We got a new camera earlier. It is being charged, etc! Its is supernice- early Christmas gift from Paul's parents :) Probably will test it out earlier this week, but just in time for the FIRST DISNEY TRIP on Friday!

Grandmere said...

What a relief to see your post, Anne. I've thought you take better photos than Joseph since the last headless shot. No offense, Son, because James paints with such spirit. But it's OK to pass on the "first blood" pix. Understood.

The mall experience reminds us that there are more delinquent parents than delinquent children. Very sad.

Amy said...

"The mall experience reminds us that there are more delinquent parents than delinquent children. Very sad." Very well stated Grandmere. I couldn't agree more.

I know that you guys are busy and stressed, but where are those pictures?

anne said...

lol sorry amy. they will come as soon as I finish 2 more neuro reports. want to write one for me? :P

Amy said...

I'll write your reports if you'll do my AAPI application.

Lexie said...

who cares about the reports, we want pics!
the camera is a sony cybershot HC 9 (or something like that). i wanted to call to see which was yours, but i dont have your # in my cell anymore since hte move. bummer.

anne said...

Man, give me the appi. as long as I can copy my essays we are golden (at elast they were successful, right?)

I swear I have way to much work and not enough time. I've started conceptualizing in my sleep. I think that is a bad sign ;)