Thursday, August 23, 2007

the wedding






Here are a few pictures from the rehersal and the wedding. James adores my dad, as you can tell. The wedding was very nice, and the weather was perfect. James tried to escape a few times during the ceremony, and got into other mischief (see toilet paper in hotel pic), but was an outstanding traveler. The other picture is of my grandparents. It was really nice to see nearly my entire family, many of whom I haven't seen in years. Justin should get married more often ;) (just kidding for those who sarcasm escapes notice).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

James said "Daddy" in the hotel hallway when Joe was leaving for the reception. He is certainly a gregarious and curious young one. He's a joy to be around! We loved how he signaled us to come to him then he put his hand on our lips for us to kiss him. How sweet! The memory of him chasing the cat by Mitchell Tolle's barn will be remembered as well. It was a memorable weekend for grandparents!

Mom and Dad

anne said...

he says daddy and mama, just doesn't attribute them to the right people ;). so they don't really count until he uses them functionally.

Anonymous said...

you sound like me with lexie... "its not really a word"

sounds like you had a nice trip. and glad you are back to the blogger world too :)

i can not get over how incredibly joyous he seems in every picture!

Grandmere said...

What a marvelous grandchild James is! And to think, when I found toilet paper like that, I always disciplined the dog...LOL.

Joseph was in agony 24/7 with acute chronic ear infections until 14 months, so I missed all these cute lovin' stages. I'm happy James is giving you both double blessings!!!!

The wedding looks very nice, too. Are those your father's parents, Anne? I met them in 2001, didn't I?

Grandmere said...

I'll bet the cat will remember James, too.

Grandmere said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSEPH!

I LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
MOM

Grandmere said...

I just keep seeing that precious head looking up at the toilet paper, "I'm pulling down, and there's just more and more up there!"

All life is such a mystery to be solved!

What a love!