Thursday, May 31, 2007

we're in!


It has been a bit chaotic around here! I have a few pictures of James in a moving box I'll post when I get a chance. My parents came and helped us pack up our kitchen on Sunday, I don't know what we would have done without them given how little we had done before they arrived. It all got done though! We are now slowly unpacking, We have our clothes done (good since Joe went back to work today), the kitchen mostly done, and the bathroom done. Our boxspring would not fit up the stairs, so we will need to saw it in half. For now we are all camping out on the floor. We have James' great-uncle in town (he gets that title not only for his relation, but also because he is super fabulous!), so today James and I will be going on a walking tour of the city. I hope to go up and help a bit at my Aunt's house tomorrow (where my parents are, helping with a kitchen renovation).

James is adjusting as well as can be expected. He is a relatively flexible kid (as witnessed by his rapidly morphing sleep needs and ability to sleep anywhere as long as with a parent). He does seem pretty itchy at our new place, likely from the dust. His eczema is having a bit of a flare. We are working on getting boxes cleaned out, so we can have a housekeeping team come in for a one time scrub down to hopefully remove all allergens. Poor little guy! The dogs have taken the move in stride--no potty accidents thus far! The parrots are a little more upset, mainly I think because we haven't spent as much time with them since moving. Poor birds!

My parents are coming down to the city on Saturday, and we plan to celebrate our collective anniversaries (Joe and my 6th is Saturday, my parents 31st is on Tuesday), and then hopefully Joe and I can finish the main unpacking this weekend! Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't envy you but then again I just moved too! Can't wait to see James pics. So glad you are back onlnie!

Lexie said...

love the pic! email your info because i have things to send you when you get a chance.
happy anny in advance in case i am sidetracked with a 2 year old birthday that day and forget.

Lexie said...

Seriously though, how fun is that box!

Anonymous said...

im just dumb bc i thought that your anny was the 6th not your 6th on sdat. duh! i knoe it isnt lexies bday.

Anonymous said...

I continue to be in awe of all you can accomplish, recently adding moving to the mix. Congratulations on getting into the new place (near the internship) and wishes for a speedy clean-up for James' maximum comfort.

The reports I heard was you are all terrific.

Love,
Great Aunt Betsy